Today I noticed what good friends Levi and Emerson are becoming. They were out in the living room and I was in the kitchen and I could hear them laughing and laughing. I peeked around the corner and there they were throwing the football (a nerf one) up in the air and if it came down and it them on the head or another body part they would crack up laughing. :) My heart fills with joy at the sight of them having so much fun together and without my intervention even. My prayer for them is that they would continue to be good friends all throughout their lives. I know they will have fights, but that will strengthen their friendship. About 6 months ago, Levi was so rough with his brother. He would sit on him, step on him, punch him. Now he is a little rough with him (like you would imagine an older brother would be) but genuinely cares for his brother and would protect him from other people if necessary. Watching this friendship grow makes me want to have another...but hold that thought, we haven't decided yet.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Friendship
Emerson has become a little talker (and screamer-it hurts my ears). Levi likes to pretend that he is at the start of a running race and he will bend down and get in the starting position and usually has me say "go", but now Emerson does that job for me. Haha! He says a lot of other one-syllable words but that one just makes me laugh for some reason. He is also learning how to jump, dance, clap and throw his own diapers in the garbage can. Ahh, they grow up so fast. He is such a curious little one. For awhile he was obsessed with the garbage can and would throw all kinds of things away. I found a whole thing of baby wipes in there, some of Levi's toys, magnets, and he had started putting a stuffed animal in there one time but I caught him just in time. Emerson (we call him Simmy for short) is going through that stranger anxiety stage. Levi never went through that so this is a whole new stage for us. I have a very hard time leaving him behind and he doesn't want me to leave him behind so goodbyes aren't good for us. How long does this stage last? Anyone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment